Jack

Default how do I delete a double line in Word?

I have double lines appearing in my word document and cannot delete them. I
have tried zillions of combinations of keystrokes and nothing seems to work.
I have no idea how they got onto the document as I did not intend them to
appear. Please help, this is maddening. I never know what Word will do
next, it appears to be out of control. I would like it to do what I want it
to do and not try to guess what I want it to do, because everything it does
on its own is something I have to figure out how to delete, I do not need any
of it. Please help.