Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Converting from page-layout program to Word

If it is XyWrite - the FileMerlin should convert it to Word.

Dafydd ab Hugh wrote:
Thanks, Graham;

Alas, I don't know what software generated that file; I don't have the
program, just the file! I've been editing by typing in the codes --
e.g., to put passages in W0IitalicsD.

If it is XyWrite, I think it's from the pre-Cambrian era. It might
make sense for me to buy a (slightly) old, used version of something
like PageMaker or Ventura Publisher (is that still used?), since I
will eventually have to lay this out myself... but it might not be
able to convert such an old version of XyWrite to its own, more
modern format. If I could transform the (possibly) Ancient-XyWrite
format into Word 2003, I hope that the page layout program can
convert from that format to whatever it needs.

I'll try your wild-card replace and see if that works. Thanks again!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If it is XyWrite there are converters available.