Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Innerlooping Innerlooping is offline

Default Horrible Image Quality When Saving as PDF

I'm pretty tech savvy, and I've tried everything. Nothing has worked. I've
searched endlessly on google, only to find this problem continually shows up
without any solutions. I've even wasted money on 2 professional PDF programs.

Basically, I have created a word document. I inserted a .jpg image of sharp
quality (I've tried 72 dpi, 96 dpi, 300 dpi). I then save to PDF and the
images look atrocious. I have tried inserting the same image as a .bmp,
..png, and .tiff with no success. I have tried printing to PDF (then I get
horrible quality PLUS I lose my hyperlinks). I have tried saving as a
webpage to try to print that as a PDF. The images still look terrible.

It was hard finding any compression options in Word. The options I found I
set to the highest quality compression, or no compression at all. Nothing
has worked. I've spent endless hours and dollars.

The images look great in the .docx file. Why won't they save or print to
PDF with quality even remotely close???