Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Horrible Image Quality When Saving as PDF

It is hard to say what your problem is - but when testing here with both
Acrobat 8 (default settings) and the Office 2007 plug-in (iso19005-1 option
checked) the images in the PDF look to the naked eye exactly the same as
they do in the document at the same zoom level (bitmaps do not scale well).

Innerlooping wrote:
I'm pretty tech savvy, and I've tried everything. Nothing has
worked. I've searched endlessly on google, only to find this problem
continually shows up without any solutions. I've even wasted money
on 2 professional PDF programs.

Basically, I have created a word document. I inserted a .jpg image
of sharp quality (I've tried 72 dpi, 96 dpi, 300 dpi). I then save
to PDF and the images look atrocious. I have tried inserting the
same image as a .bmp, .png, and .tiff with no success. I have tried
printing to PDF (then I get horrible quality PLUS I lose my
hyperlinks). I have tried saving as a webpage to try to print that
as a PDF. The images still look terrible.

It was hard finding any compression options in Word. The options I
found I set to the highest quality compression, or no compression at
all. Nothing has worked. I've spent endless hours and dollars.

The images look great in the .docx file. Why won't they save or
print to
PDF with quality even remotely close???