Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default repeating repagination

Never-ending repagination is usually a sign of document corruption. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

charles thiesen wrote:
I'm not sure this belongs here. Re-route me if you like.

I'm working on a large but not very complex document in Word 2003. I
work in Print Layout view. Word regularly repaginates the document
and once it starts repaginating it does it over and over for what
feels like a long time. It's a significant, and seemingly unnecessary
interruption.

The message says press escape to stop, but if I do it tells me it
won't be able to display in print layout view. Once I said okay and
Word crashed completely and I lost a bunch of work.

I'd be grateful for any help.

thanks,
- charles