Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin Buchs Kevin Buchs is offline

Default Unable to delete styles

I have a coworker with a totally messed up document that has about 50
different bullet styles. I think he has automatic style creation turned on.
Anyway using the Styles and Formatting dialog, I was trying to help him
consolidate them by selecting all instances one style and then clicking
clicking on another style to change styles. When I try to delete old styles,
they are not actually deleted but keep showing up on the list with instances.
Any ideas on what would cause such styles to be so stubborn?