Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Haeder & Footer do not appear in print view

Keep in mind that, if you have already caused the white space to be
displayed by using View | Header and Footer, then of course the Tools |
Options | View box will be checked. But also see €œDescription of the €˜White
space between pages option in Word€ at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=297564 and perhaps
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"JGreg7" wrote in message
For no apparent reason, in Word 2003 the startup view and new documents
now
appear without the header and footer showing. I first tried the setting
Select Tools Options View tab Check "White space between pages", but
it
was already checked.

I have tried removing and adding back in templates, add-ins, with and
without this setting checked all to no effect.

This is very puzzling and a real nuisance that every time I startup or use
new document I have to view headers/footers then use the mouse to close
the
view.

Any ideas how to fix the white space setting?

--
Thank you,
John Gregory