Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Cannot insert bullets

Note that bullet formatting will be removed from empty paragraphs (that is,
paragraphs without text in them).

However, since cutting and pasting text worked for you, there may be some
kind of (mild) corruption in the document. If you copy the whole document
(except for the final paragraph mark, ¶) into
a new document, does that make a difference?

To show/hide paragraph marks as well as other nonprinting marks, press
Ctrl+Shift+8.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"katiesue" wrote in message
Although I'd like to know the reason for this, I was able to fix the
problem but cutting and pasting the text into Wordpad, and then cutting
and pasting it back into the original document. But there must be a reason
for this that can be fixed within the original document.