Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert T Robert T is offline

Default Word Document Pasted to Outlook sends unusual characters

This is a simple newsletter that goes to folks with
various levels of experience and equipment. I have kept it text only for that
purpose. No pictures, no fancy stuff, fast download.

My issue is that WordPerfect and Outlook have served me well. I would like
to use Word (makes Bill happy).

Robert Tankersley CDP

"MaryL" wrote:

"Robert T" wrote in message
First let me lay the foundation. For many years I have used WordPerfect to
develop a newsletter. I then copy all of the document and paste it to
Outlook. Works perfectly.

I am again trying [hard] to become familiar with Word. I have to use in my
day job but I have always preferred WP for my own work. I have Word 2007.

I opened the WP template in Word and it looks correct. However when I copy
and paste it into Outlook, some recipients see unusual characters where
quotes, apostrophes, en dashes, etc should be. This varies by recipient.

Any suggestion on what is happening.
--
Robert Tankersley CDP
IT Data Integration Consultant

Have you tried sending it as an attachment instead of copy-and-paste?

MaryL