John Doue

joz wrote:

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

The usual method is simply to delete or rename the existing Normal.dot file
(with Word closed). Word will automatically create a new normal.dot.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"joz" wrote in message

How can I restore my NORMAL template in Word 2003 even though I tried to
restore the defaults.
When I enter the normal page size on Page Set Up, it comes up as an 8 x 8
sheet.

Help.

Dear Herb,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried to locate the NORMAL.dot by going to my
C drive and following the path to Word. No templates found. Any other advice?

joz

Tools, Options, File Locations, User Templates will tell you the path.
Searching on all your drives for normal.dot is another -heavy handed -
approach.

Regards

--
John Doue