Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Default Reviewing pane unreadable (tiny font)

Based on your description I am not quite sure but the problem may be hat the
Reviewing Pane has been set to a small zoom value (e.g. 10%). If that is the
case, click anywhere in the Reviewing Pane and select the desired zoom value
from the Standard toolbar or from the View menu. In addition to the built-in
zoom values, you can type any percentage between 10 and 500 (if you type a
value, you must hit Return to apply the zoom).

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Shannon Jacobs" wrote:

Shannon Jacobs wrote:
The reviewing pane is no longer readable. Condition appeared several
weeks ago and persists through all documents. Sometimes I'm able to
see the font controls showing that Word is displaying the reviewing
pane in a 4 point font, but when that is visible, the font size is
grayed out and not changeable.

I originally posted this question in two of the old public word
newsgroups. I was rather surprised there was no response--only to
discover that Microsoft has apparently cut them off and left them
floating in limbo. On this official Microsoft server, this seems to
be the most relevant newsgroup. Or is there some other newsgroup or
some other server I should be asking in?

Whoops, I must be tired. I forgot to note that the attached file (on the OP)
is new and empty, but still shows the problem.