Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
silas[_2_] silas[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2003 acting weird...

Thank you both very much for your replies. Actually the simpler method for
me was to correct the auto-correct. It works fine now.

silas

"Mike Kelly (Home E-mail account)" wrote in message
In general, it's better to use a tab to get what you want.

To do this,

Format / Tabs (you may have to click on the little chevron at the bottom
of the menu to get it to fully expand to show you the "Tabs" option)
In the Tab stop position, type the position (in inches - there is a ruler
shown across the top of your document) where you want the line of dots to
end. For instance, type 5"
In the "Leader" section of the tabs dialog, select "2 ......"
Click OK
Hit tab - you'll get your line of dots ending at 5". If you're off a bit,
drag the tab stop (see it up there on the ruler - it looks like a little
sideways "L") to where you want the dots to end.
Note that this tab formatting stays with the paragraph - so if you want it
different for some paragraphs than others, just select the paragraphs you
want it different for and either drag the tab stop or go back into the
tabs dialog and make adjustments.

Hope this helps.

"silas" wrote in message
Using the Courier New font, when I type out a dotted line the dots start
out nicely spaced. then they condense into a tightly spaced dotted line.
This continues for every three or four dots so that, instead of an evenly
spaced dotted line I end up with about three times as many dots jammed
into the same amount of space.

How can I get my dots to remain at the spacing I intend?

Thanks.

silas