Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF

Default how do i get the lines off my document

Suzanne

It doesn't seem worth the headache then!

Terry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
: It would have to do with the encoding used to send/receive the message.
: Despite the fact that é is part of the standard ASCII character set, I
often
: find that if I use such characters in a plain-text message, I am prompted
: send as Unicode. Because messages posted from the Microsoft Communities
are
: coded as UTF-8 and I got tired of seeing them in a large, unattractive
font,
: I threw in the towel and changed my encoding from Western European
(Windows)
: to Western European (ISO), which apparently is UTF-8.
:
: It is actually interesting that my messages *are* encoded as Western
: European (ISO) since every setting I can find in Tools | Options for news
: sending format seems to be set at Western European (Windows). But every
time
: I try to negotiate this mess, it makes my head hurt, so I try not to think
: about it any more than I have to!
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
so
: all may benefit.
:
: wrote in message ...
: Suzanne
:
: I have noticed lately quite a few postings (they might be just from you
: or from others too) that have special characters such as e acute (as in
: your posting below) coming through on my mail client as odd collections
: of normal characters. On this message the e acutes in resume are coming
: through as an a tllde plus a copyright symbol. It that some artifact
: inroduced by my mail client, your mail client, or what? As a matter of
: interest if you copy and paste into your version of Word (which is?) do
: you get that effect? Have just tried copying and posting to my Word
: 2000 and I get the same odd effect, so I guess it's your mail client
: (Mac?) Are others experiencing this?
:
: Just curious
: Aalaan
:
: Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
:
: What sort of underlines? See the Help topic "What do the underlines in
: my
: document mean?" Alternatively, if you're just talking about the table
: gridlines, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HideGridlines.htm
:
: Note that if your résumé is set up as a table (as most of Word's
: résumé
: templates are), you may not be able to paste it directly into an
online
: form.
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
: newsgroup so
: all may benefit.
:
: "Kristin" wrote in message
: ...
: when i made my resume, these lines automatically appear underlining
: things
: and wont go away, how do i get rid of them, also, how do i paste my
: resume
: on
: an online application?
: