Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
briggss3 briggss3 is offline

Default Table not allowing resize

OK. I have never had this problem before. I am running Word 2003 and I
can not mouse drag and adjust column widths. When I try to drag a
column to adjust width to what is desired, the whole table auto-adjusts
to what Word wants it to do. Its starting to **** me off. I can do 1
resize by mouse at a time if I go into table properties and uncheck all
of the "preferred width" check boxes. It works the first time, but the
check boxes immediately default back to checked as soon as the mouse is
unclicked. To adjust another column, I have to go back to table
properties and uncheck all of the preferred width check boxes again.

The table options to autofit to contents is unchecked. I have searched
for fixes to this and have not come across anything. I hope someone
else has a trick to defeat this problem as it is a major time hog and a
huge annoyance. Plus, at any minute, the table will decide to re-size
to whatever format it wants, wrecking my desired look/format.

--
briggss3