Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] crcanassr@hotmail.com is offline

Default Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error

On Mar 18, 4:33 pm, David Brown David
wrote:
I too have a Acer laptop with Word2000. This error started happening after
installing OneCare. Has anybody found a solution besides uninstalling One
Care?

"Donz" wrote:

I encountered the same problem after moving from Norton to Onecare ...Word
2007 couldn't "Complete The Save Due To A File Permission Error "

The current solution was also to uninstall One care :-(

Other solutions ?

"Ste" wrote:

the problem seems to be somthing to do with live one care and acer laptops as
i was reading another persons writingof a similar complaint. As soon as i
unistalled ms one care and installed norton instead the error message went
and has not occured again since.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Is that file on anetworkor shared drive? Can you do a Save As, rename it
and save it in the same location?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Ste" wrote in message
im currently runningword2002 on xp sp2 with a fat32 formatted hard
drive.
but eveytime i make a document, edit it, and try to save over it that
message
is displayed and it deletes all my work. HELP PLEASE!!

Error writing to network disks on word 2007. Whenever I try to write
to a network drive from Word 2007 I get a permissions error. This does
not happen on 2003 or with any other application (WordPerfect X3),
just 2007. We are using XP Professional. I tried disabling the
antivirus (Avast Pro) with the same results. Please Help, we just
sank a bunch of $$$$ upgrading to 2007.