Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WordGal WordGal is offline

Default line of asterisks to mark an area becomes an unremovable dotted li

I made some edits to a doc with a section where I would change the layout of
this whole paragraph. I copied the whole paragraph so the client can see the
"before and after" versions and made a new line with a few asterisks to
demarcate the repeated portion.

SO, when you hit the asterisks a few times and hit return, it turns into a
heavy dashed line, right. So, she received the doc and CAN'T REMOVE THE @#$%!
DASHED LINE. AND NEITHER CAN I. It's become some autoformatted thing that
doesn't want to be removed. I try treating it like any other text symbol and
deleting whatever is to either side of it, but no dice.