Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail merge and long tables

I am sorry, but it is still not really clear to me how your mail merge main
document is set up. If it is a directory type mail merge main document,
there would not normally be a new page for each record (unless the data for
a record completely fills the page). If the field for the record that is
"found" on the next page was in a cell in the table, then I do not see how
the record would be appearing outside of that cell.

Maybe you should send me a copy of the mail merge main document so that I
can understand how you have it set up.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"JKarchner" wrote in message
I created a table that has 10 rows in it. I sued a mail merge to bring in
data from Access by using the directory option. I placed the results from
the query in the corresponding rows. The trable is recreated on every
page
for each record that is returned from the query. Now the problem arises
when
the rows begin to get larger because of results with longer fields. When
the
table should continue on the next page it doesnt, and instead the record
is
found there. How would i go about setting it up so that my table is
continued on the next page?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Can you explain in a bit more detail how you have the mergefields
arranged
in the Directory type mailmerge main document and what it is that causes
the
"table" for each new record to start on a new page.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"JKarchner" wrote in message
I am using a mail merge to put data into a table from Access. Each
table
is
a new record, i used the directory option, and each table lies on a new
page.
My problem lies when the data in the record causes the table to be
longer
than 1 page. The table is not continued on the next page, and all of
the
data not on the page is "lost". Is there any way to fix it?