Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default How do I format a merge field to display the correct Time format

Hi KHaberwoman,

To get the time format you want, you can add a formatting picture switch. In Word:
.. select the mergefield;
.. press Shift-F9 to expose the field coding. It should look something like {MERGEFIELD MyTime} where 'MyTime' is your mergefield's
name;
.. delete anything appearing after the mergefield's name and add '\@ "h:mm"' or '\@ "h:mm am/pm"', as in {MERGEFIELD MyTime \@ "h:mm
am/pm"}. Note: you must use lowercase 'm's for minutes;
.. if you want the hours and/or minutes to display leading 0s, change 'h' to 'hh for hours and 'm' to 'mm' for minutes;
.. position the cursor anywhere in this field and press F9 to update it;
.. run your mailmerge.

--
Cheers
macropod

"KHaberwoman" wrote in message ...
OS: XP
Program: Office 2007
I have a merge document word/excel but in my excel sheet the cells are
formatted to display the time as 00:00 AM but when I merge the document in
Word, the time displays as 00:00:00 AM.

How can I fix this?