Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Word Templates

Opening Normal.dot itself should not be necessary unless Acrobat or some
other meddler is preventing changes to Normal.dot from being saved;
otherwise, Default... in Page Setup should suffice.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
First, check that your printer is set to work with A4, not letter; then

open
normal.dot itself make the changes, then save. As a side issue, if you are
using A4, you'll make life easier if you set your margins to an integral
metric measure, not an imperial approximation (eg 2 or 2.5 cm, rather than

1
inch)

"Judie" wrote in message
All of a sudden my normal.dot template has changed the paper size from

A4
Letter. Also the top margin is set to 2.54 cm, but the cursor blinks on
the
page right at the top.
Why? How can I reset my template to stay at A4 and have my cursor blink
at
2.54 cm from the top edge of the paper?
Believe me I have tried recreating my template several times, but it
doesn't
save my changes.
At the risk of losing all my hair, in desperation, please can someone
help.
Thank You.