Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default The solution dosn't help in my case

One solution might be to have an unhidden return sized to be about a point
high before your hidden text. The page break will then also be about a point
high but won't be hidden. (This is a thought experiment, so you'll have to
try it.)

If you are using W2007in its native mode (not compatibility mode), you
shouldn't see this problem because manual page breaks are in their own
paragraphs (unless, of course, you remove it). If they do take on the style
of the following (or preceding) paragraph, you can change their style.

LGFN wrote:
The solution of adding a hard return before the page break doesn't help me, because my vertical alignment is set as center, and with an extra return I shift the whole page up a bit.

What advice can you give me?

(My problem is that on top of every page I placed a certain code and formatted it Hidden, but when I hide hidden characters all pages come together as if I hadn't placed any page breaks. And that's also why the advice of formatting the paragraph as Page Break Before won't help me.)

Thanks in advance!

By hard return, I mean you press the Enter key.
30-Aug-07

By hard return, I mean you press the Enter key. And that definitely does
what you want here.