Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
daroga daroga is offline

Default Mail merge records in Preview but not in Final Merge (2007)

That's EXACTLY the problem. THANK YOU! :-D

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

That would indicate that you had a Next Record field in the main document.
You do not need one with a Directory type mail merge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"daroga" wrote in message
I did just that and now it works. I'm so confused, though. I even just
copied my code from the non-working one to the new one and it works just
fine.

It was skipping every even record in the filtered list. Any idea what
might
have caused that in case I run into it again in the future?

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Perhaps best to start again from the beginning.

e.g. What if you
a. create a directory merge
b. insert a single field - preferably one with a different value in
each row of your data source and a paragraph mark
c. merge to a new document

Do you see all the records in the output?

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 28/12/2009 15:09, daroga wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm pulling my hair out here and wondered if someone might be able to
help.
I'm putting together a little directory for our organization, using
data from
an Excel spreadsheet to do a mail merge. There's a few conditional
statements in it to detemrine if a spouse name should be printed, or
their
email, etc. which is all working just fine.

Except, when I merge the document, a lot of records are missing. Like
close
to 1/2. The kicker is that they appear when the "preview results"
under the
mailing tab is on, but not in a merged-to-edit document.

I tried redoing the merge in a different document with just a simple
address
block wondering if some of the conditionals were setup wrong and
throwing it
off, but the same thing happens with just a plain-jane merge.

The only thing determining whether they should be printed or not is an
X in
a "directory" column in the spreadsheet, no fancy rules in that regard.

tl;dr Records appear in a preview but not in the final document.

Thanks for the help!
.

.