Monica Giannini via OfficeKB.com

Default Endnotes in a Master Document

I'm doing my boss a favor by putting together her husbands book for
publishing, but I've never done this before and I'm frustrated.

What it is I need to do is create his files (chapters) in a masterdocument
for consecutive page numbering, but have each chapters endnotes appear at
the end of each chapter and have them labeled i.e. Notes to Chapter 1 and
be able to print these seperate from the masterdocument itself.

I've never worked with this sort of formatting before, so what happened is
I just put in all the documents into a masterdocument and found that the
endnotes to each chapter go to the end of the document and are not
seperated. So endnotes appear 1 through 500 and are numbered as such in
the document itself instead of 1-20 for chapter one and so fourth.

I need baby steps as I've never done this before and now wish I never
agreed to do this, since it is a favor and not part of my daily
administrative assistant duties.