Bob Buckland ?:-\)

In Windows Explorer in Tools=Folder Options
see if you can choose 'Change' for the association
for .TIF files to use another app, then start Word
and try your link. In some cases deleting the
TIF association entirely before starting Word may
be needed to allow the change.

==========
"Hullaballoo" wrote in message
I am using Word 2000 on Windows 2000. I have a hyperlink to a .tif file, and
I have set the .tif association to be a custom application (i.e., not Windows
imaging) through the Explorer. When I click on a .tif file in Explorer, my
custom application works. But when I follow the hyperlink through Word 2000,
it opens with Windows imaging instead.

Question: How can I get Word to open my customs application when following
the hyperlink? (And, less important but still of interest -- any idea why
this is happening?)

Thanks!
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx