Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Can table footnotes appear beneath table?

"Beneath text" means immediately below all the text on the page rather than
at the bottom margin (if the text on the page runs short). To get a footnote
immediately beneath the table (unless the table consumes a full page),
you'll have to fake it. This is what I usually do, anyway. I use numbers for
ordinary footnotes, and it is conventional to use either letters or
alternative reference marks (the asterisk, dagger, double dagger series) in
tables (letters especially if the tables are all numbers). Just insert these
characters manually and type the notes manually at the bottom of the table.
Especially if the table is narrower than the margin width, I usually put the
notes in the (merged) bottom row of the table.

"Barb Sez" Barb wrote in message
Is there a way to get a footnote on a paragraph in a table cell to appear
beneath the table, rather than at the bottom of the page?

When I insert the footnote, it seems to make no difference if I select
Beneath Text or Bottom of Page--the footnote text always appears at the
bottom of the page.

Word 2003

Barb