Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CarolynDH CarolynDH is offline

Default Header Resizing

I've inherited a doc with many sections--on several pages the header is
abnormally large, preventing text from occupying the normal margined areas. I
have tried linking the "odd" headers to previous sections, with no positive
result. Each time I try to use the ruler to reduce the size of the header, it
absorbs all the text on the page, no matter how far away the text is located.
All of this with the non-printing characters showing me nothing abnormal. I
thought I was a skilled Word/header person, but this has me stumped. Please
help!