Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Can I get rid of a macros virus?

If you cut and pasted the contents of an on-screen document, the likelihood
is that you did not collect a virus from this action. It is more likely that
the document is corrupt. http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm
However, if you are working on the internet without suitable anti-virus
measures in place, you are being reckless and virus attack may have arrived
from another source.

Tucson mom wrote:
I cut and pasted a document from the internet that apparently had the
macros virus. I didn't know what that was and so I went ahead and
opened it in word. A couple days later that document was ruined and
so I read up about the macros virus and realized that it could affect
all of my word documents. Can I get rid of this virus before it hurts
anything else? How can I get rid of it?