Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default autorecovery didnt save

Do you have Windows configured to atomatically install updates? If so
chances are that it has installed one in the night and rebooted the PC. If
you had not saved the document it is gone. Autorecovery recovers from a
crash condition. Word won't have crashed, it will have been forced closed.

emilyanne wrote:
I left a document open on my desktop without saving it last night and
woke up to find it gone. No one else accesses my computer, so the
closing of the program had to have been abnormal, yet the task pane
for autorecovered files is not coming up at the start of Word. I have
autorecovery set up to save every10 minutes, and I still can't find
the document in my autorecovery file. What can I do? Is my file gone?