Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default autorecovery didnt save

To add to what Graham has said, this experience should surely have taught
you why you should never leave any document unsaved for more than five
minutes or so (you are the best judge of how much work you are willing to
redo) and certainly never when you leave the machine unattended, especially
overnight.

Also, if you have the choice (that is, it is not enforced by corporate IT),
you would perhaps be happier changing Windows Update from full automatic to
"Notify."

"emilyanne" wrote in message
I left a document open on my desktop without saving it last night and woke
up
to find it gone. No one else accesses my computer, so the closing of the
program had to have been abnormal, yet the task pane for autorecovered
files
is not coming up at the start of Word. I have autorecovery set up to save
every10 minutes, and I still can't find the document in my autorecovery
file.
What can I do? Is my file gone?