Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RXZlcmdyZWVu?=,

I want to change font in the middle of a document. I highlight the new font,
but as soon as I start to type, word automatically changes back to the
default font. This just started occuring after a year. Previously, this
process worked.???

I see something like this when I'm using a particular template. If I change the
font (or character style) in the middle of a paragraph and don't start typing
fast enough, it reverts on me. PITA.

About the only suggestion I can make is to assign a keyboard shortcut that will
allow you to apply it quickly, and keep on typing (if your system is behaving
the same as mine).

The alternative would be to type a couple of "bracketing" characters select them
and apply the font, then type between them.

If this is happening with all your documents, you might try renaming Normal.dot
to NormalOLD.dot, then see if it continues to be a problem in a new document.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)