Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Word 2003 Footnote

It's not a border; it's the Footnote Separator, which, BTW, is conventional.
To remove it (if you really, really want to), switch to Normal view, then
View | Footnotes. In the dropdown on the toolbar of the footnote pane,
select Footnote Separator. Click on the separator and delete it. You may
need to change the font size and/or line spacing of the Footnote Separator
paragraph to 1 point if you don't want any space allowed for the separator,
either.

"PA" wrote in message
A user in our company needs to insert many footnotes into a report. When
she
does so a 2 inch long border is inserted above the footnotes at the
bottom
of the page. Her boss wants the borders removed.
I can not figure out how to comply with her request.

Please help
Thanks, as usual.
Paul