Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ishmael Goldstein Ishmael Goldstein is offline

Default Playing music in a Word Document

I am new to word and after reading through some of the posts here I realize
most of the MVPs don't have Word 2000 installed anymore but maybe someone can
still help me out.
My current supervisor has assigned me a task to create for him a word
document with text, pictures and music playing upon opening the file. The
latest version of office installed on our work PCs is 2000 and I do not have
any version on my home PC. I have managed to create everything except the
song he wants to play and finally exhaused all my resources. I did manage to
go to the toolbar, Insert; Objects; create from file, and inserted the sound
file (wav format) into my document. But that's as far as my knowledge goes
and I don't know how to make it play when you open the word document. I know
it's in there somewhere because when I click on edit the drop down box has a
sound recorder document object there but going through those options has not
helped me out and I'm stumped. Is this even possible? My employer seems to
be convinced it is and wont take 'I have no idea' for an answer. My job may
be on the line.......can anyone help me with this?
Thank you,
--
Ishy_G