Carol Princeton NJ

Thank you Suzanne, this was very helpful. I have Word 2003

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have Word 2002 or above you can create a table style with alternating
shading. In Word 2000 you can choose from among various Table AutoFormats,
many of which have this type of shading.

"Carol" wrote in message
I'm trying to create a table that is easy to read. I want to set up
alternating background fill colors (shading) for each row without having

individually format each row. I tried to create a pattern and copy that
throughout the doc with format painter. It doesn't work.