Jay Freedman

Hi mally,

For the first question, the solution is to check the option for "Windows in
Taskbar" in the Tools Options View dialog. That places each document in
its own window.

I don't know about the second question. It could be something specific to
your video driver, so make sure you have the latest version and that it's
properly installed.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

mally wrote:
I am using MS Word 2003, and have 2 issues. I lost both these
capabilities once I upgraded to 2003.

1. I am using dual monitors on my system. How can I open a New
file, or open multiple Word files in separate windows that would
allow me to move the additional windows onto my 2nd monitor? Word
2003 allows me to open mulitple files, however, each time a new file
is opened, it's superceded within the same working window. I was able
to work using multiple windows prior to 2003, and had full control of
where I positioned my files between both my monitors. The only way
to access multiple files now is to toggle within Windows menu, but
this is frustrating if you need to modify multiple Word files and
need to see the source info from other Word files. For some reason,
I cannot move my 2nd, 3rd, etc. files outside of Words working area
in order to position them onto my second monitor screen.

2. I lost the feature of being able to use Drag and Drop in Word. My
settings in "Options" do have the feature checkbox ON, however, when
I try to drag and drop in my word file, I get a status message "
Cannot drop at current location".