Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Anna,

Word stores a number of its settings in the Windows registry.
Some can be edited, some are just little 'bits' in a bigger
set of 'bytes' in a coded binary registry key.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...us;822005&FR=1

=========
"Anna Summers" wrote in message
Hi Jay,
Where does Word 2003 save these options? I also wanted each document in its
own window (I do a search before I post) and did what you suggested. Then I
closed the document that I had opened for the purpose, expecting it to ask me
if I wanted to save changes to Normal.dot. It didn't ask me that, it just
closed. However, when I opened a new document, the box was still checked.

I reinstall my system occasionally and need to keep track of my settings.
Where else besides Normal.dot does Word 2003 store settings like these? I
can see how this would be "global," but isn't Normal.dot opened with every
document?

I'm having to post everything as replies because the "new" button is not
working for me today (worked yesterday). Everytime I click "new" it makes a
sound effect and does nothing. Help on this?

Thanks,
AnnaSummers
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx