Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Default Embedded PowerPoint Objects in Word 2003

Hi Marilyn,

I'm not really sure what it is that you're trying to accomplish here. When
you insert a PowerPoint presentation as an object, of course it opens in
Slide Show mode. You can right-click on it and select Presentation Object |
Open and it will open the object as if you were in PowerPoint.

If you just want your slides and text in a Word document, while in
PowerPoint, just click on Send To and Microsoft Word.

Please let me know if any of this has been helpful to you.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Marilyn" wrote:

Hi Carol,

All of the presentation were saved as .PPT files. I even try created a new
one and saved it as a presentation (.PPT) but it still opens in Slide Show
Mode.

Pleasse Help

"Carol" wrote:

How has the PowerPoint presentation been saved? Was it saved as a .ppt or
.pps?
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Marilyn" wrote:

Hello,

I'm currently working with a file that requires me to attach 2 PowerPoint
presentations. I have tried the following methods. I choose Insert, Object,
Create from File, I browse for file; I insert and display as icon. When I
double click the presentation it opens in slideshow mode.

I also tried to insert the object as a link and displaying as icon, but when
I double-click the Presentation launches in Slide Show view.

I use to be able to insert PPT files as objects and open them from Word in
their Normal view, however, now everything opens in Slide Show view.

How can I tell the program to open the file in Normal View in PowerPoint?

Thanks,