MacroWizard MacroWizard is offline
Junior Member

I am posting this here so that people know that there is an answer. Since this went largely unresolved and I came across the issue myself, I decided to produce a solution.

In my document, I have my embedded powerpoints inside of a shape. The shape makes them virtually invisible, which is what I want. Then, on a custom button, I have a macro (code) set to open the embedded powerpoint of my choosing. The powerpoint opens in Edit/Normal mode.

Code:
Sub OpenPPT()
     'This opens powerpoint in edit mode
     '
    Dim oCC As Shape
    For Each oCC In ActiveDocument.Shapes
        If oCC.Title = "pptDisaster" Then
            oCC.TextFrame.TextRange.InlineShapes(1).OLEFormat.DoVerb VerbIndex:=1
        Else
             ' Do Nothing
        End If
    Next oCC