Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc Luc is offline

Default Converting page breaks to section breaks automatically- 2007

Freida,
That's good news, glad you got it sorted.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"Luc" wrote:

Freida,
Make sure the clipboard is totally empty before starting the copy.
That is correct, you will get the ^c in the replace box (click on special
button and choose clipboard contents), in the search box there will be
^m.
If you replace it will work.
I've tried it in the Dutch and the English version.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"Freida" schreef in bericht
It did not work when I put clipboard contents in the replace line the
command
^C comes up (which is copy). When I copy the section break to the clip
board
something does get put in there(it doesn't say section break though.
It
appears that I may be doing something wrong with the copy. I had to do
select all b/c I couldn't just do a copy on the section break, unless
there
is another way to do it?

"Luc" wrote:

Freida,
Insert a section break in your document. Select and Copy it to the
clipboard.
Home - Replace (editing) - search for - more - special - manual page
break -
replace with - special - clipboard contents.
Seems to work here, hope it will for you too.
--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"Freida" schreef in bericht
I have created a template and I am trying to insert text from notepad
into
the template. Once the text is transfered, it does not use the font
from
the
template, which is fine, I can get around that. After the text is
inserted,
it breaks at the right places. The only thing is that they are all
page
breaks. I need a way to automatically make all the page breaks into
section
breaks. How can I do this?