Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default IF THEN ELSE question

Use

{ IF { MERGEFIELD Mergefield1 } "" { MERGEFIELD Mergefield1 } {
MERGEFIELD Mergefield2 } }

You must use Ctrl+F9 for each pair of field delimiters { } and use Alt+F9 to
toggle off their display. You also must have a space either side of the
and also separating the condition from the result and between each result.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
I need to create a mail-merge document where I have 2 mergefields, if
one is blank I want to print the other merge field. How do I do this
in Office 2007?

The logic is below

If mergefield1 is blank
print mergefield2
else
print mergefield1

{mergefield may/may not have a value and mergefield2 always has a
value}

Thanks for any help