Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Finding All Words with Specific Format -- via Macro

You are welcome

Dogwoodnc wrote:
THANK YOU! That's exactly what I wanted to do!!!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

How about

Sub CopyBlueToOtherDoc()
Dim Source As Document
Dim Target As Document
Dim oRng As Range
Dim sView As String
Set Source = ActiveDocument
sView = ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes
Set Target = Documents.Add
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Source.Activate
With Selection
.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
With .Find
.ClearFormatting
.Replacement.ClearFormatting
.Font.Color = wdColorBlue
Do While .Execute(findText:="", _
MatchWildcards:=False, Wrap:=wdFindStop, _
Forward:=True) = True
Set oRng = Selection.Range
Target.Range.InsertAfter oRng & vbCr
Loop
End With
End With
Target.Activate
End Sub

Dogwoodnc wrote:
I forgot to mention -- we're using Word 2003, with XP operating
system.

Thanks!

"Dogwoodnc" wrote:

I'm trying to create a macro that will:
a) Find all words/terms in a doc that are formatted blue
b) Copy those words/terms and paste them into a (new) blank
document

I've been able to do this manually (via Find/ Highlight All
Occurrences/ Format(Font)/ Find All/ Copy/ New Doc/ Paste).
However, I have not been able to get a macro to contain these
commands.

Any suggestions??

THANKS in advance!