Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Create a new Template

I'm not sure what you mean by "special characters", but these two links
should get you started;

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart2.htm

Someone will be glad to help if you have any specific queations.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"K" wrote in message
Over the years we have altered many of the available templates to do what
we
have needed, but now we have need of a template that is unlike any we have
been able to find. Would anyone know where we might look to find a
description of the many special characters used in template building and
how
they work? Oh, we are in Word 97. All ideas, comments, and suggestions
about
this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.