Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

Default Why would the table menu not display the next level of table menu

On the Tools menu click Customize. Click the Toolbars tab. Click the
"Menu Bar" item, click Reset, click OK to confirm. Click Close to
close the dialog box. If you are prompted to save the template, choose
to do so.

If the above doesn't work, take a look at:

My menus and toolbars are missing and won't come back
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Doug Ertz" wrote in message
I am currently in a table and the table menu was previously working

fine. I
now select the table main menu and the 1st drop down appears. I

select the
the "Select", "Insert" and other menu items with follow -on menus

and nothing
happens. Why am I not getting additional selections for these menu

items?
--
Doug Ertz