Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Word 2007 - changing the default line spacing

In the Styles pane, which you can display by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S,
click the Manage Styles button. In the dialog box, click the Set Defaults
tab. Make the desired changes. In particular, set the "Line spacing" to
"Single" and the "Before" and "After" settings to zero. When you are done,
click "New documents based on this template," and then click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"John Salerno" wrote in message
Please please please, someone tell me how to change the default setting of
"Normal" to "No Spacing" in the Styles section of the Home ribbon. I just
can't seem to figure out how to change this for new documents, so I
manually do it each time. I really hate this feature.

Thanks.