See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/Print2Pages.htm. But if you have
Word 2000 or above, a *much* simpler solution is to use the "2 pages per
sheet" option in Page Setup. This gives you two logical pages per physical
page, and you can treat them just as you would a full page, including page
numbers, margins, page borders, etc.

"Krishna" wrote in message
news
Where would the "{ = 2 * { PAGE } - 1 }" and "{ = 2 * { PAGE }}" be

placed?

Would you refer me to a link that might elaborate on this? Thanks.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

For the first column on the page, use the following field construction

{ = 2 * { PAGE } - 1 }

and for the second column use

{ = 2 * { PAGE } }

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions

forwarded
directly to me will only be answered on a paid consulting basis.

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"JohnP" wrote in message
When I divide a layout with columns, how do I place a page number for

each
column on on page?