Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jose Durazo

Default cross-referencing in callouts

Greetings! Has anyone here found a way to get cross-references in call-outs
to update when all document cross-references are updated?

Here's an example of my problem: I frequently use Word call-outs on pictures
in my documents to further explain things. I also started referencing other
sections with further details from within the callouts. This seemed very
useful until I found out that when I select my whole document, using for
example Ctrl+A, and then press the F9 key to update my cross-references, the
references in callouts are not updated.

The only way I know of to make these references update is to click in each
individual callout, select its text, and press the F9 key. With dozens of
callouts in my documents this is very inconvenient.

Any suggestions from the experts?

Thanks,
Jose