Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jezebel

Default cross-referencing in callouts

You can make this a little more efficient (although hardly significant
speed-wise) --

Dim myStoryRange As Range

For Each myStoryRange In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges
Do
myStoryRange.Fields.Update
Set myStoryRange = myStoryRange.NextStoryRange
Loop until myStoryRange Is Nothing
Next

Running a macro containing the following code should probably do what you
want:

Dim myStoryRange As Range

For Each myStoryRange In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges
myStoryRange.Fields.Update
Do While Not (myStoryRange.NextStoryRange Is Nothing)
Set myStoryRange = myStoryRange.NextStoryRange
myStoryRange.Fields.Update
Loop
Next myStoryRange

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jose Durazo" wrote in message
Greetings! Has anyone here found a way to get cross-references in
call-outs to update when all document cross-references are updated?

Here's an example of my problem: I frequently use Word call-outs on
pictures in my documents to further explain things. I also started
referencing other sections with further details from within the callouts.
This seemed very useful until I found out that when I select my whole
document, using for example Ctrl+A, and then press the F9 key to update
my cross-references, the references in callouts are not updated.

The only way I know of to make these references update is to click in
each individual callout, select its text, and press the F9 key. With
dozens of callouts in my documents this is very inconvenient.

Any suggestions from the experts?

Thanks,
Jose