Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chicchio chicchio is offline

Default How set the default mode for directories

Many thanks, Graham, I've got it fixed !
Enrico (chicchio)

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301459

"chicchio" wrote in message
I am using Office XP on a Win XP pro SP3 based PC.
When I want to insert an image from a file, Word opens the directory
always
in the preview mode, and in the case of directories with many pictures,
this
can take some moments. I must switch to the list or detail mode everytime.
Even if working on the same document, if I insert a second image, Word
opens
the directory in preview mode. I have tried to set explorer to use details
and apply to all directories, but it seems that explorer settings don't
affect Word settings.
Is there a way to convince my Word to use always the list or details mode
for the directories ?

Thank you in advance,
Enrico (chicchio)

.