Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Naejer

Default How to create a 2-colunm bilingual layout in Word

Thanks Graham for the notification. I will look into the table suggestion
from CyberTaz.
Can it automatically reflow over multiple pages?
Naejer

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If you can manage to keep such a layout stable and avoid corruption I will
be amazed. Stick to tables!

Naejer wrote:
Thanks CyberTaz
Looking through some templates, I found another way using text blocks
and linking them from page to page. This way the text will
automatically flow and readjust from one page to another as I edit
text, format and column height. I know Word is not recommended for
such page layout, but it is the format specified by most conferences
for technical papers.
BSRG

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Your best bet in Word is to create a 2 column table. If the document
is going to be more than one page (as it probably will) you might
want to read up on the use of tables in Help. Knowledge of Sections
will also be useful, as well as a numbner of other features of the
program.

It may sound time-consuming, but you will be far better off in the
long run if you learn to put the document together using the
appropriate techniques *before* you get started on the content.
Otherwise you will most likely run into obstacles which may cause
you to 'tear it up' & start from scratch.

Regards |:)

"Naejer" wrote:

nI need to make a bilingual technical document in MS Word. I would
like to make 2 side-by-side colums, one for each language, over
multiple pages. How do I create this layout?