Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
WhiteRat[_2_] WhiteRat[_2_] is offline

Default Default alignment within table cells

Thank you for this Tammy. I have already made modifications to my default
table style using your discovery.

"Tammy" wrote in message
Well, a little more digging, and I found it - what I did:

*Inserted a table and selected it. (Word inserted a "Plain Table" style by
default.)
*Table Tools tab / Design tab / Table Styles group / clicked the "More"
button and chose "Modify Table Style..."
*Changed the alignment option there, and clicked "New documents based on
this template" before hitting OK.

All set!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is a Table Normal style, but I don't think it can be modified.
OTOH,
if you have a different table style selected as the default table style,
that might be the problem.

http://word.mvps.org

"Tammy" wrote in message
Hi - Word 2007 -
Everytime I insert a new table, the cells are aligned center, and I
have
select them and realign left before typing content. I have no idea
when,
or
how this happened. My Normal style is set to align left. I can't find a
"default" style for tables. Any suggestions on how to fix this - short
of
creating an autotext entry?
Thanks for any help!