Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Default alignment within table cells

I think Table Grid is the default even in older versions, at least some
older versions (you get a grid border by default when you insert the table,
which is why so many people don't realize you can make borderless ones). It
at least can be customized, whereas Table Normal cannot.

http://word.mvps.org

"Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" u43222@uwe wrote in message
Just to clarify a bit further. The table style that is the default in
W2007
is Table Grid. If you hover the cursor over any of the table icons, Word
will show you the table style's name. "Plain Tables" is a section label
in
the tables gallery. The others are Custom and Built-in. The labels show
up
when table styles from those groups are used in the document.

If you have tables that do not seem to have a style (no halo around a
style
name), they were probably created in an older version of Word where Table
Normal is the default table style. In W2007, Table Normal, by default,
does
not show up in the tables gallery.

Pam

WhiteRat wrote:
Thank you for this Tammy. I have already made modifications to my default
table style using your discovery.

Well, a little more digging, and I found it - what I did:

[quoted text clipped - 24 lines]
creating an autotext entry?
Thanks for any help!