Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default close word document 2007 without closing program

I have some bad news for you: That's one of the new permanent
annoyances in Word 2007. The only workaround is to keep a scratch
document open at all times, and close that only when you want to close
Word entirely.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 16:59:00 -0800, Ron G
wrote:

In previous versions of Word, I could close a document without closing the
program. In 2007, it seem to have only one [X] at the top right to close the
whole program. How would I just close the document without closing the whole
WORD program?